Crop Planning for Organic Vegetable Growers Webinar
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
Crop Planning for Organic
Vegetable Growers – Two Part
Dates: Thursday, December 5, 7:30pm-9:00pm, and Thursday, December 12, 7:30pm-9:00pm
This webinar provides a much-needed structure for figuring out how to make money on a market garden. It hones in on the core issues of farm success: which crops to grow, when to plant them, and in what quantities. Then it provides a logical, linear process for getting it all done, on time. It sets out 11 steps, including:
- Decide how much money you need to make;
- Calculate how much of each veggie you have to sell to meet your financial goals;
- Decide where you will sell;
- Make field planting schedules to ensure you have the crops you need at the right time;
- Generate greenhouse/seed starting schedules;
- Fill out a seed order;
- Make a field operations calendar;
- Analyze profitability and refine your plans for next year.
Facilitator: Daniel Brisebois
Daniel Brisebois co-author of COG’s Crop Planning for Organic Vegetable Growers book. He is a member of Tourne-Sol cooperative farm. He farms in Les Cèdres, Qc near Montreal. Tourne-Sol produces certified organic vegetables, flowers, seeds, seedlings and herbal teas on 12 acres. Tourne-Sol's produce is distributed mainly through a 250 share CSA and a farmers market. Daniel is past President of Canadian Organic Growers, and on the USC Canada board of Directors.